Tuesday

I dreamt last night about a group of teens. For lack of a better name, I will call them "Water Babies". The premise was that they were not fully human - well, they were human, but they had extra attributes. The dream started out with them arguing about a fifth person they had found, who might be like them.

Each had their abilities, but one of them accused this fifth person of not being human - and it flashed back to a meeting of their fourth member, a tall lanky young man who could identify, by breathing water in, all the chemicals and such in it.

They all could breath water, by the way; one could actually manifest gills. But the dream focused on the lanky tall guy, who looked like a young version of Jason Flemyng in "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen". He was obsessed with trying to make people see what was in the water.

They found him, all gangly limbs and singleminded obsession, in and out of the Thames, detailing with scientific precision all the heavy metals and poisons and chemicals, both harmful and beneficial, to be found in each part of the River. The same boy (the one with gills, no less) who was initially calling the fifth member inhuman was also against this fellow, calling him an alien.

There was more to the dream, but as I lay there remembering, it also reminded me of the formulaic 70s and 80s shows on Saturday mornings. I would not want it to be that way.

Prior to that dream, I know I was enjoying one that was dark yet rich. I cannot remember it, to my chagrin. Ah well. At least, I woke up happy in having that sort of adventure, even if I dont' remember it.

No comments: