Monday

I forgot about this blogsite. Well, got reminded of it in the fall school year of 2006, but couldn't remember how to get on until Google finally answered my email of 2006!!!! Anyway, lots of things have changed except for the fact I still consider myself a very lucky woman.

I still think of him as my darling Lord Dragon, but as a human, he had his failings. Not that I didn't enable them (that's me, an enabler). I hope he's doing well now; he's got a son and a woman who's focused on making the best life for her and her child as possible and I pray that they both do, now and in the future.

I left NY in the fall of 2004. I found out recently I totally failed my last semester at LIU. Okay, I started going to college in the fall of 2001 - when the Towers and the Pentagon were attacked. I frankly haven't been the same since. I wanted to move out of NY for a while, anyway. Early winter, 2003, I got hit with some really shattering developments and my grades in the spring of 2004 suffered mightily for it. So did my job. Life went upside down. Emotionally distraught and unstable, that whole jazz. Things with my eldest weren't good anyway (downhill into the horrible world of drugs) and my son was in jail and my youngest and I had clashed rather viciously. It wasn't a good time.

My dear Lord Dragon went off to raise his son and I was rather adrift. So my Spring 2004 was a total disaster - me, a near 4.0 gpa student, got a .89! it was awful. But in that time I met a nice guy, who I'll call Capt A - he's a fanatic about Captain America (WHO IS NOT DEAD!).

He and I got along enough for him to introduce me to his family. They liked me, I think, and his brother (he's a twin) and his brother's wife invited me to live with them when Capt A set down that he would not go to NY again, and long distance relationships aren't easy to maintain. Which I agree, and further, I wanted to leave NY.

So I moved down here to Pennsylvania. Nice historical town near the Maryland border. I transferred my credits, and found a job. Soon, in consideration of my wanting to bring my kids down, he bought a house (this is a HUGE thing, for me). We got my son down here within a year my son was kicked out - well, I did mention he's an asshole, right? I brought my daughter down, the youngest. She still isn't a nice person, but now my son has changed and.. oh, the difference in my eldest! She's done a full 180 and is now working, going to school (college) and struggling to be a mom as well. I'm so proud of her! Still, I wish she were here with me, but there aren't as many opportunities here as in NY. Ah well.

I graduated Summa Cum Laude in Spring, 2007. I wish I didn't ever have to leave school; I enjoy it so much. Capt A and I have strugged each with our problems and have managed to find a way through things together and individually. I love his family for their support and their adult way of doing things, so different from the drama-laden explosions in my family. I love him because he loves me, and he's truly a good man. Okay, a wee bit vanilla, but what would you expect from a three-color superhero? :)

So I still think I'm the luckiest woman alive. My children will screw up but then turn around and make good. I'm sure of it; I just wish I could skip ahead and not live through the screwups!

My granddaughter is in a school for gifted and talented children; she's going to be 7 and reads at a 3rd grade level. THAT'S blood of my blood, for sure! I'm happy. Life, as I've mentioned before, has it's ups and downs. Sometimes, to get rid of the rollercoaster life, you have to leave your life behind and start a new one. I like this one lots. I'm an adult, finally, in charge of a home and a job and part of a real partnership. I'm going to work to make it last. Lucky me, so will my partner. Yay!

No comments: