Sunday

It's a stormy sunday afternoon. Marvelously magnificent thunder and lightning. We had to deconstruct Capt. A's dragon shelter at his brother's house in the rain. Hard work, but exhilarating. I love warm weather, even when it rains cats and dogs.

Saturday I went walking with my son, his gf, the dog from the house he boards at, and my dog. My dog is 11 years old and did not even break a pant. That dog is a strong 5yrold pit and 1/4 of a mile in was wheezing. Second-hand smokes fucks with more than just the people; it also harms the pets within the house. That poor dog could not handle the marathon walks we take; as it was, we turned around short of our goal, concerned that this animal would die of asthma or a seizure on us.

When I got home, I treated my perfect pet with the best in the house and then went out to mow the lawn unevenly. I had a ball; I imagined that I was in Vietnam and I was one of the ground crew napalming the undergrowth (I was using the electric weedwhacker because the grass was too high for the manual lawn mower). So I have odd fantasies. I wish I had felt this strong earlier in my life so that I could have been a soldier. Then again, I want to do the male soldiering; I do not want to sit behind a desk. C'est la vie.

When Lord Dragon wooed me, he sent me a song: Alien, by Bush. I can't listen to it today without remembering how wonderful that moment was. When Capt. A was getting to know me, he 'gave' me the song You Are My Kind by Santana and Seal from the album Shaman. When wooing me, music is literally the way to get me completely devoted. So recently, Temptation mentioned 'Night Fever' and of course, I am deliriously happy. And.. recently, a new player on the scene and I were speaking about The Cure and I mentioned that I loved the song One More Time by them. And so he put it up as a note where I could see it.

Yes, you have the right idea. For me, music doesn't calm the savage beast, it brings it out. It makes me feel alive, electric, incredible, indomitable and almost violently affectionate. Give me more music.

No comments: