Friday

Someone mentioned that for the way I feel about Oddity, he would go to the ends of the earth for me. I know I would do the same for him. Would someone love me that much? Could someone love me that much? Me with all the drama that swirls around me, with the kids and the exes and the impulsiveness and the massive amounts of crap I collect?

Once referred to myself as 'damaged goods'. TLC's song "Damaged" fit me so perfectly. Now, I don't think of myself as damaged goods, but I'm still full of baggage et al.

Yes, everyone comes into a relationship with baggage. And I always seem to fall for the same sort of fellow - odd, with quirks and idiosyncrasies that don't fit mainstream. I'm not interested in anyone successful, or popular, or accomplished, etc. That's just too much work. I just want someone who will love me for who I am, how I am, the way I love a person - with all their flaws and damages.

I want someone who will go to the ends of the earth for me. I won't ask that of them, but I want to know it.

No comments: