Wednesday

Ah, the whole 'weird music' thing. Today I felt the need for chants. I like the Gregorian Chants, so I have on standby the Noel and the Best of. Then I went to Napster to see what else is out there; found popular music set to chant - in love, I want them all. Beatles and Pink Floyd, Alphaville and Led Zeppelin, all sorts of genres. Then I found the Hindu chants - I'm particularly fond of Ganesha Sharanam, done by Jai Uttal.

Now if I could only find the Islamic worship music; I miss hearing that from the mosque in Bushwick, as brief as that was. I have to find how it would be described to see if I can find it on Napster.

I wish I could find a way to have all this music inside of me whenever I wanted to access it. Like a chip, with limitless space, to add all the world's music to it, so that I can always listen to something. I can cast the song away if I don't like it, or keep it for special memories and occasions. I'm particularly fond of remixes, especially of two completely opposite genres. I adore techno/foreign remixes. And one of the things I like about hip-hop/rap is that they willingly remix and sample things that simply one would not think go together. It fascinating.

It has been a good day.

No comments: