Saturday

'Here comes the rain again, falling on my head like a memory, falling on my head like a new emotion....'

It is RAINING out there, with capital letters and exclamation points. Tropical Storm Hanna is making a quick trip up the East Coast today and dumping water like you wouldn't BELIEVE out there. I walked in it to the bus to come see Oddity and found it was NOT annoying. Just WET. Walking to his place, I realized even the air was laden with water and the huge drops falling at the pace they were falling wasn't helping anything. I can't begin to describe how it is; we've had torrential downpours and heavy thunderstorms but those were brief. This is on par with 40 days and nights of rain of Noah's deluge. This sort of rain has been going on since... 6am this morning I think? and it's almost 4 and IT HASN'T LET UP. The pace has altered a bit here and there, but for the most part it has been buckets of water falling from the sky over a huge swath of country.

I am simply amazed.

I walked into Oddity's apartment simply DRIPPING with water (despite an umbrella) and on the floor of the rug going into the bedroom, there was this blue square - an envelope with my name on it. I started smiling at that moment from ear to ear with chortles bubbling forth from my heart and haven't stopped since. I tried to remove as much of the wet clothing as I could and opened the envelope; inside was a card that read: I love you from the top of your head to the tip of your toes (blue border with red letters and hearts, from Shoebox Greetings) and inside the card it reads: And don't get me started on in-between! Most of my favorite spots are in-between. He added: Love You! with a heart next to his name.

I feel absolutely wonderful. My heart is warm, glowing. I feel I can conquer the world. I am ashamed of my doubts and fears. I LOVE YOU, YOU WONDERFUL CRAZY AMAZING STRANGE AND AWESOME MAN!

Right now, the Juanes song "Feel No Pain" (No Siento Penas) is spinning through my head. I'm going to play it and dance around like a fool and thank the powers that be that you love me.

No comments: